Alden Context Number 8 Shell Cordovan Tanker Boot
Alden Shoe Company began manufacturing gentleman's footwear back in 1884 and today represents the finest in authentic American hand-craftsmanship. Over time, Alden developed a number of lasts, or forms in the shape of a foot which the leather is stretched over to make the shoe. The Tanker Boot is made on the Barrie last which was supplied to the US military from WWI through WWII. The Mock and Norwegian skin stitch toe detail is done completely by hand (Alden is the only American shoemaker skin stitching by hand) using two needles and two threads- no more than 6 boots are completed per day. This Alden + Context Tanker Boot upper is made from Horween's Genuine Color 8 Shell Cordovan, widely considered to be the ultimate leather for shoemaking. The leather insole is made of flexible leather of pure vegetable tan. Unsurpassed for breathable comfort and long wear, it assumes over time the contours of your foot shape giving a truly custom quality to the fit.
- Now available for immediate delivery
- Context Exclusive
- Made to Alden of New England Standards
- Built on the Barrie Last
- Veg. Tanned Glove Leather Liner
- 360 degree Reverse Goodyear Welt
- Flat Waxed Cotton laces
- Low Profile Commando Sole
- Antique Edge
- Triple-Ridged Steel Shank
- Extremely Limited Stock
- At the request of the company, Alden shoes are available for shipment within the U.S. only. We encourage you to call or email us with any special shipping requests you may have. We will do our best to accommodate you.