Introducing the new Railcar men's fit! The X30 Journeyman jean has a taller rise and a wider leg opening compared to the Spikes fit. This is the perfect jean for those that want a roomier jean that maintains a modern fitted profile. The fabric is a 100% cotton 13.5 oz dark Cone Mills indigo selvedge that fades to electric blue with wear. Single tone gold stitching throughout gives the jean a clean minimal look. Construction details include a 2 piece waistband to minimize gaping sewn with a continuous tucked chain stitch, double flat felled chain stitch inseam, chain stitch hem, and hand installed custom USA made copper rivets and buttons that patina along with the fabric.
Like all Railcar Fine Goods jeans, these were 100% built in house by the team at the Monrovia, CA workshop and were not outsourced to a contractor. The jean was sewn on vintage and manual Singer machines circa 1920s, with buttonholes chainstitched and cut with the vintage Reese Iron Duke machine.
The taller rise and wider leg allows for good movement and practical use in a factory environment in addition to being super comfortable right away. The fabric scuffs and fades more quickly than most of their other fabrics, and after a cold soak it developed some great texture and character.
- Made in the USA
- 13.5 oz Cone Selvedge Denim
- Pocket bag: Heavy American off-white cotton pocket fabric
- Hardware: Railcar branded waistband button Riveting: Hand hammered burr riveting
- Hem: Chain stitch bottom hem Labeling: Raw and untreated 8oz cattle leather patch
- Stitching: Chain stitched Waistband: Two piece waistband to achieve upper and lower fades of the waistband and to reduce rear gaping.
- Waistband is also sewn with a continuous chain stitch that is tucked into the two pieces of the waistband to prevent unraveling.