Spikes X027 Indigo
The X027 is a new fabric for Railcar. If you're looking for a solid indigo jean, this is it. Japanese red-line selvedge weighing in at 13 ounces, with an 8 ounce vegetable tan leather patch, copper riveting, branded hardware and a two piece waistband for reduced over stretching. Like all Railcar garments, the X027 is cut and sewn in-house at their workshop in Monrovia, California, and not outsourced to a third-party downtown subcontractor. All of the rare vintage and manual machinery at the workshop was fined tuned to sew and perform on denim at the highest level. A small 6 person crew completes the garment from fabric roll to a finished pair of jeans. Constructed using a Singer sewing machine running a continuous chain stitch to attach the waistband, and a Union Special circa 1907 to lay a heavy chain stitch to close the selvedge seam, making the outseam stronger. They also used a specialized Pfaff machine to install the vegetable tan leather patch. The jean is finished with a flat-felled inseam applied with a Union Special for added durability.
We understand that buying jeans on line can be tricky, so we encourage you to call us at 608 250 0113 or email us at email@example.com
We will help you get the right fit.
- Made in the USA
- 13 oz. Japanese 100% cotton non-stretch denim
- Red line selvedge ID edge
- Heavy American off-white cotton pocket fabric
- Branded copper waistband button with burr riveting
- Chain stitch bottom hem to create "roping" effect
- Single-tone stitching
- Two piece waistband to achieve upper and lower fades of the waistband and to reduce rear gaping. Waistband is also sewn with a continuous chain stitch that is tucked into the two pieces of the waistband to prevent unraveling