Heritage Coat Coyote Butte Black
The Ginew Heritage Coat is manufactured in Bristol, Tennessee by L.C. King Manufacturing; the oldest cut-and-sew factory in America still owned and operated by the founding family. The exterior is made of narrow loom selvedge denim from Greensboro, North Carolina, and features a chain-stitched collar tag from Fort Lonesome in Austin, Texas. The coat is finished with custom brass buttons stamped with the Ginew leaf and lined with Pendleton® wool blanket fabric.
"In designing the Ginew Heritage Coat, we recreated a meaningful garment as it was worn by our grandfathers and great-grandfathers in daily life. By exploring our Anishinaabe and Oneida heritages, we came to appreciate their rich history of work and dedication. When we wrap ourselves in this coat, we wrap ourselves in the ways of our ancestors. The premium, American-made materials of our Heritage Coat are not just wool, cotton and brass; they are oral histories, old photographs, and traditional lore. Coats such as these were more than mere garments: they were work tools, worn in the machine shops, forests, and fields by men who dedicated themselves to the hard labor of providing for their families."
- Time-honored craftsmanship by LC King Manufacturing in Bristol, TN
- Lining made of Pendleton® wool blanket fabric from Pendleton, OR.
- 13.25 oz narrow loom selvedge denim woven in Greensboro, NC
- Hand-cranked, chain-stitching by Fort Lonesome in Austin, TX
- Black Pendleton® wool corresponds with Anishinaabe collar tag
- Custom Ginew solid-brass buttons and fasteners manufactured in KY
- Limited edition, individually numbered #1 through #76
- Coat made of 100% USA sourced materials
- Coat manufactured in USA
- Each Ginew Heritage coat will arrive in a custom KKDW Co. cedar box built-by-hand in Austin, TX. Thanks to ART & SONS for packaging design guidance.